Thursday, July 23, 2009

Welcome!

Thanks everyone for visiting my blog!! My blog is going to be a little different...what I want the most is advice from all of you on how to run a better farm! About 4 years ago I started a farm with one horse and twenty acres. As a stay at home mom, I decided to start a horse boarding business to help contribute to the family's income while still staying home with my child. Now, four years later, my farm has horses, goats, chickens, guinea fowl, cats, and of course a dog. The things I have learned over these last several years I will share with you in future writings, however, it is time for this farm to make money instead of being just for fun. I also want to do my part to live more self sufficiently and less energy dependent. I have lots of ideas that I will share with you and hopefully many of you will share great ideas with me too. I believe now is the time to integrate ideas of homesteading with innovative technology as well as integrate plants and animals to produce a full circle farm. If you agree, please write to me and tell me how you do things on your farm.

No comments: