Friday, August 7, 2009

More potatoes!

Now I know why so many people are returning to the homesteading life style. Growing your own food is sooo satisfying!!! Yesterday I harvested a bunch of potatoes and green beans and added them to my basket of chicken eggs I had just collected. As I walked into the house with my basket full of goodies I thought about how wonderful it was knowing that all of this organic food I had helped to create was going to be so healthy for our bodies. I did not have to worry about pesticides or hormones. I did not have to worry about how fresh it was or the expiration date. My only problem is that this makes it that much more difficult to go to the grocery store and buy produce. Hopefully someday I will have a great greenhouse so that I can make more of my own produce and extend my growing season. Here's to healthier living!!!

No comments: