Thursday, August 13, 2009

My Perfect Chicken House Design

















After raising guineas, chickens, and quails for the past few years, I have designed what I think would be the perfect chicken/bird house. This is my own personal design that would allow the different age groups to have exactly what they need and allow egg collecting, feeding, and watering without being mobbed by birds. Each room would include a large, fenced run and electricity. The feeder set up reduces spillage and makes cleanup easy. Having a mesh floor allows droppings to fall through into collection pans so they can be composted and keeps the inside clean and airy. I would also add some roosting posts...I have found old wooden ladders work great. The entire house would be tall so that a person could stand comfortably while collecting eggs and guineas can roost in their preferred high areas.

As of right now I do not have the talent or the funds to build this chicken/bird house so if any of you are interested in building it ...please let me know how it comes out. I would be excited to hear how different people would adapt it to fit their personal needs and the different materials used. One thing I know about people who build stuff for farm animals is they can be very creative using materials they have around already!

No comments: