Monday, August 10, 2009

One of My Favorite Recipes

Now that I have accrued a sizable amount of green beans and potatoes it is time to make one of my favorite childhood recipes. When I was young I frequently spent summers with my grandparents in Maine. My grandmother and I would drive to a nearby produce stand to pick up the freshest green beans and potatoes. When we got home she would clean everything up and throw it all in a pot. Then she would add a good amount of cream, milk and some butter and let the whole thing simmer until the potatoes were done. To date, I have not been unable to recreate just the right taste of this recipe. I believe now that I have the freshest of ingredients myself, grown with love, I will be able to make my grandmother proud. Here's to good memories and good food!

No comments: